On Sunday during the Bible study I lead at church, we were talking about grace. First, we defined grace in our own words, and most of us came up with some version of “a gift from God we don’t deserve.” When I asked the group why people have a hard time receiving grace, we all agreed that generally people are suspicious of free gifts and would rather just know what they owed so they could pay back their debt.
Ready to Chase Wonder with Me?
Subscribe to The Wonder Report, my free subscription site that includes a weekly newsletter, along with monthly essays, Wonder Lists, conversation starters, and more. All designed to help you chase wonder in both the grand plans of life as well as the everyday moments.
- The Wonder of the Past: H... In moments like these, we need hope that brighter days... posted on April 7, 2020
- The History of Food Proce... Published at Edible Indy posted on March 24, 2016
- Impatience in Waiting Waiting is a tempest. If you are prone to fear, you sho... posted on December 13, 2017
- Desert Wonderings: What A... As we press into this season of Lent, our first desert... posted on March 13, 2019
- Did You Know Clinton Coun... Published at Clinton County Daily News posted on April 16, 2016