On Sunday during the Bible study I lead at church, we were talking about grace. First, we defined grace in our own words, and most of us came up with some version of “a gift from God we don’t deserve.” When I asked the group why people have a hard time receiving grace, we all agreed that generally people are suspicious of free gifts and would rather just know what they owed so they could pay back their debt.
Ready to Chase Wonder with Me?
Sign up for my weekly email, The Wonder Report, filled with stories and resources about chasing wonder in both the grand plans of life as well as the everyday moments. It also an exclusive message for readers that you won’t find anywhere else, along with a special section just for writers. Each issue is designed to give you hope, to grow your faith, to root you in love, and so much more.
- The Wonder of Gratitude:... What if I could learn how to feel and express gratitude... posted on November 10, 2020
- Greater than the Pharisee... Published at In Touch Ministries. posted on August 28, 2020
- Gratitude as Praise Gratitude can usher us into praise and worship as we ta... posted on November 19, 2020
- The Neighbor Loaves Proje... Published at Edible Indy. posted on October 13, 2020
- The Cellular Level Today, I finished work around noon, laced up my sneak... posted on February 25, 2013