On Saturday, I finally took the growing collection of bags and boxes to Goodwill, reorganized the things we planned to keep, and cleared a space where I could set up a card table and chair as a work station for myself. Then, I pulled out my mom’s old sewing machine — the one she gave me last fall and had been ignoring since — and set to work learning to sew.
Ready to Chase Wonder with Me?
Subscribe to The Wonder Report, my free subscription site that includes a weekly newsletter, along with monthly essays, Wonder Lists, conversation starters, and more. All designed to help you chase wonder in both the grand plans of life as well as the everyday moments.
- The History of Food Proce... Published at Edible Indy posted on March 24, 2016
- Desert Wonderings: What A... As we press into this season of Lent, our first desert... posted on March 13, 2019
- My Word of the Week: Coun... It’s always about this time every year that I grow whol... posted on October 11, 2016
- I Spent the Evening Outsi... Yesterday, I spent the evening outside. I haven't be... posted on October 19, 2010
- My Word of the Week: Shad... Lately, I’ve been living in the shadows. My 3-week resp... posted on May 24, 2016