On Sunday during the Bible study I lead at church, we were talking about grace. First, we defined grace in our own words, and most of us came up with some version of “a gift from God we don’t deserve.” When I asked the group why people have a hard time receiving grace, we all agreed that generally people are suspicious of free gifts and would rather just know what they owed so they could pay back their debt.
Ready to Chase Wonder with Me?
Sign up for my weekly email, The Wonder Report, filled with stories and resources about chasing wonder in both the grand plans of life as well as the everyday moments. It also an exclusive message for readers that you won’t find anywhere else, along with a special section just for writers. Each issue is designed to give you hope, to grow your faith, to root you in love, and so much more.
- Book Club: The Jungle Eff... Published at Tweetspeak Poetry. posted on January 8, 2020
- The Wonder of Incarnation... There is a way back to joy, and the directions are simp... posted on September 22, 2020
- Poetry and Prose on the P... Each time I visited Prophetstown after that, I noticed... posted on September 12, 2019
- From Mourning to Laughter Published at InTouch Magazine. posted on February 27, 2020
- Desert Wonderings: How Is... What God established in the fertile garden of Eden and... posted on April 10, 2019