On Sunday during the Bible study I lead at church, we were talking about grace. First, we defined grace in our own words, and most of us came up with some version of “a gift from God we don’t deserve.” When I asked the group why people have a hard time receiving grace, we all agreed that generally people are suspicious of free gifts and would rather just know what they owed so they could pay back their debt.
Ready to Chase Wonder with Me?
Subscribe to The Wonder Report, my free subscription site that includes a weekly newsletter, along with monthly essays, Wonder Lists, conversation starters, and more. All designed to help you chase wonder in both the grand plans of life as well as the everyday moments.
- Did You Know Clinton Coun... Published at Clinton County Daily News posted on April 16, 2016
- The Wonder of the Past: H... In moments like these, we need hope that brighter days... posted on April 7, 2020
- Drenched in a Metaphor I found a metaphor growing in my garden over the weeken... posted on July 25, 2011
- The History of Food Proce... Published at Edible Indy posted on March 24, 2016
- Go Ahead, Rest on Your La... Let the accomplishment you’ve already achieved fuel you... posted on November 1, 2017