Last fall, I was teaching a workshop on how to write essays, and one question came up again and again: what is an essay. A simple question from the outside, but a harder one to answer from the inside, because so much of what is called an essay these days feels like a lot of other things.
Ready to Chase Wonder with Me?
Subscribe to The Wonder Report, my free subscription site that includes a weekly newsletter, along with monthly essays, Wonder Lists, conversation starters, and more. All designed to help you chase wonder in both the grand plans of life as well as the everyday moments.
- Join Me over on Substack? Beginning this week, The Wonder Report is now part... posted on February 5, 2021
- The Wonder of Truth: Cari... Despite all the ways we might continue to disagree, we... posted on January 15, 2021
- Kindness of Truth-telling “The Lord Almighty grant us a peaceful night and a per... posted on February 1, 2021
- The Wonder of Wonder: Liv... I prayed and prayed for God to do something miraculous... posted on April 30, 2020
- Giving up the Charade Published at Fathom Magazine. posted on February 11, 2021